Improving Patient Engagement, Surgery Management and Resource Optimization
Patient Engagement Success Stories
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
One Door to the Electronic Health Record
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System challenged themselves to improve the quality and safety of patient care, ease the burden on physicians, and strengthen outcomes with optimized access to information. The directive was access to and completion of the entire medical record from one user interface regardless of the origination of information – paper or electronic, internal or external. Streamline Health enhanced SMHCS’s vision by emphasizing document management as a critical enterprise-wide workflow solution rather than a departmental application.
- Chart coding time decreased from 5 days to 2 days for Discharged Not Final Coded (DNFC)
- Now billing a full 1 day earlier after discharge
- Records scanned and available within 48 hours of discharge
- All medical records available to physicians online
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
Success of Business Analytics in Healthcare
Lucile Packard (LPCH) implemented business analytics while on track to be under budget for fiscal year end cash goal. Streamline Health worked closely with LPCH to install the workflow system and redesign the AR management process. LPCH also used Streamline Health’s business analytics to stratify the outsourced low dollar accounts.
- After implementing Streamline Health’s business analytics, LPCH had its highest cash month of over $10 million
- Collections rose 12.7% more with business analytics
- Average monthly cash payments increased $6.9 million
- Since implementation, LPCH has increased cash collections by 39%
Baptist Health Care
Financial Stability with Business Analytics
Baptist Health Care Corporation implemented Streamline Health’s business analytics because it needed a sophisticated business intelligence technology with in-depth analysis and workflow tools. The organization not only found a way to identify and prioritize areas of financial opportunity, it also saw a $6 million improvement in cash flow above net revenues, shaved five to six days in outstanding accounts receivable, and saw the average monthly denial write-offs decrease from $750,000 to $300,000, equating to an estimated annual net revenue improvement of $1 million to $2 million.
- Within two months following implementation, facility had its highest cash month in history
- Monthly collections increased 10% above prior to the implementation
- Average monthly cash payments increased $2.6 million after implementation
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital
Customer-Centric Approach with Document Management
Texas Health Harris Methodist – Fort Worth Hospital is the flagship facility of Harris Methodist Hospitals and a member of Texas Health Resources, one of the largest nonprofit U.S. health care systems. Streamline Health’s HIM Suite solution enabled the organization to provide world-class service, reduce delinquent charts, and expedite revenue cycle.
- Delinquent charts reduced by 50 percent
- Discharged-Not-Final-Billed reduced by 22 percent
- Improved coding productivity by 10 percent
- Increased employee satisfaction: 68 percent to 95 percent
Children’s National Medical Center
Multidisciplinary Approach to Denials Prevention
Developing a collaborative, hospital-wide system to prevent denials before they reach the appeals process can help reduce hospitals’ revenue erosion. In this article from HFM Magazine, Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC demonstrates that using a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to prevent denials and manage audits can help hospitals mitigate their financial risk. The article outlines the processes that have helped the hospital win a significant number of appeals, and its approach to preventing denials and protecting revenue – all while using Streamline Health’s solutions.
- Robust reporting that sorts claims, denials, and audit requests by any variable
- Tracking capabilities gives the finance department a forecasting tool for cash flow and income projections