Automate Your Coding Functions for Optimal Results
Streamline Health Abstracting is a powerful chart abstracting and coding solution that will reduce the resources needed to complete your tasks. A built-in workflow engine lets HIM managers create electronic work queues for coding staff. For coders, it utilizes a secure link to a hospital’s EMR to allow them to review the record they are abstracting, enabling staff to securely work remotely.
Comprehensive reporting capabilities let you produce any standard or customized reports, while the Flexible Data tool allows users to collect and report on any data element. An optional CodeAlert tool automatically flags cases with potential issues and opportunities, further enhancing your staff’s judgment and impact.
Integration for Seamless Processing
Abstracting seamlessly integrates with existing technology as well as Streamline Health’s CDI solutions for optimized productivity.
- Seamlessly integrates with the encoder of your choice
- Facilitates accurate billing via our Charge Master interface
- Optional CodeAlert solution will automatically flag cases with potential opportunities and issues
- Enables you to collect and report on any element with the Flexible Data module
Easy Query Management
Abstracting includes powerful physician query capability, so your team can easily initiate concurrent queries, right from the nursing unit. With flexible, customizable templates, staff can easily generate electronic queries that can go straight to the physician’s existing EHR inbox for fast, easy responses. Staff can even document and track verbal query activity to support accurate reporting.
Helps Ensure Regulatory Compliance
Streamline Health has a proven track record of delivering regulatory updates on a timely basis to help ensure accurate reimbursement for our clients.
- Facilitates effective MS-DRG, APR-DRG and APC management
- Supports abstracting requirements for all patient types
- Accepts direct entry of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes
- Conforms to new X12 version 5010 standards for data exchange
- Supports OCE and NCCI edits
- Incorporates all CMS and state-specific edits
To ensure that all your reporting requirements are met, Streamline Health Abstracting offers reporting capabilities on multiple levels:
Standard reports: Includes a full complement of predefined reports that are available immediately upon implementation. Reports can be exported, modified and shared as needed.
Ad hoc reports: For on-the-fly production of simple reports, our ad hoc reporter enables you to create reports using any data element collected in your abstracting process. Once these reports are created, you can easily save and use them again.
Custom reports: For special reporting requirements, you can use the powerful Crystal Reports generator to produce a variety of report formats, including graphs, detail and summary reports, cross-tabular reports, and drill-down reports